Part One: Expressions
1. The price tag says $99.99.
2. How silly of me to forget.
3. How would you like to pay for these?
4. I think I have the cash.
5. What sort of warranty comes with this stereo?
6. The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on any factory defects.
7. What conditions are there on the store policy?
8. I’d like to return it, please.
9. Do you want your money back?
10. Here’s a receipt for store credit.
Part Two: Dialogues
1.Sales Tax 销售税
A:I’d like to buy these shoes.
B: O.K. Let me see. That will be $104.99.
A: The price tag says $99.99.
B: Yes, miss, but there is a five percent sales tax in Maryland.
A: Oh, of course. How silly of me to forget.
B: No problem. How would you like to pay for these?
A: I think I have the cash. Let me check. Yes, here you are.
B: $110.00, your change is $5.01. Thanks very much.
A: Thank you.
2. Receipts and Warranties收据和质量保证
A: Can I help you, sir?
B: Yes, what sort of warranty comes with this stereo?
A: Well, our store offers a 90-Day return policy and the manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on any factory defects.
A: What conditions are there on the store policy?
B: We’ll give you your money back as long as the stereo is returned in the original packaging and with a receipt.
A: O.K. How do I get the manufacturer’s warranty?
B: Just send in the warranty card with a copy of your receipt.
A: All right, those sound good. I’ll take it.
B: Very well, I can ring you up over here, sir.
3. Exchanges and Returns换货和退货
A: Hi, there’s a problem with this stereo. I’d like to return it, please.
B: What’s the problem?
A: The tape player doesn’t work.
B: O.K. Do you have your receipt?
A: Yes, here you are.
B: Thank you. Do you want your money back, or would you like to exchange it?
A: I think I’d like to just get another stereo, please.
B: O.K. Here’s a receipt for store credit. Just take it back to the stereo section and one of our salesmen will help you.
A: Thanks a lot.
B: No problem. Thank you.