Part One: Expressions
1. How are your stocks doing, Jim?
2. I lost a bunch of money in the last two years.
3. I changed my strategy around too.
4. I like to open up a savings account please.
5. I want the one with the highest interest rate.
6. You have to maintain a balance of $10,000 in the account.
7. I’ll be with you in one second.
8. I want to take out a loan for school.
9. Do you qualify for any of the federal loan programs?
10. How do I go about taking it out?
Part Two: Dialogues
A: How are your stocks doing, Jim?
B: Oh, all right. I lost a bunch of money in the last two years, but this year has been pretty good.
A: Yeah. I lost money investing in the Internet, too.
B: Just goes to show that you should buy companies, not ideas.
A: I changed my strategy around too. I invest in good companies now.
B: Yeah, me too. Did you hear about Frank?
A: No, what happened?
B: He lost his kids’ college money day trading.
A: Oh, boy. His wife can’t be happy about that.
A: I like to open up a savings account please.
B: O.K. We offer a few different kinds.
A: I want the one with the highest interest rate.
B: That would be our Saver’s Plus account.
A: 4.5%, that’s good. How much money do I have to keep in it to get that rate?
B: You have to maintain a balance of $10,000 in the account or the rate drops to 3%.
A: All right. I’ll open one of those.
B: Just fill out these fomp3s, and I’ll be with you in one second.
A: Hello, how can I help you, sir?
B: I want to take out a loan for school. What kind of interest rates do you offer?
A: Do you qualify for any of the federal loan programs?
B: Yes, but I need to borrow some more money.
A: Well, in that case, we can offer you a private educational loan.
B: What’s the interest rate?
A: It’s 7.2%, fixed-rate loan.
B: How do I go about taking it out?
A: Just fill out this application. We can let you know right away if you qualify.
B: All right. Thank you.